Frequently Asked Questions

Cavallo has an experienced team that is intimately familiar with the vast array of retail energy services, so you always have the support you need and can 
depend on our experience and knowledge. 


Cavallo will make sure you're getting the right products and services to match your requirements and objectives. On behalf of GLO, we'll meet with you to fully understand your situation, budget, desires, timelines, and expectations. We'll even create a proposal and prepare pricing to give you an idea of what to expect before you take that next step.

To request a quote for electric service from the GLO State Power Program, a Letter of Authorization is required. Please click here and complete the information. You may fax the completed form to Jeff Attkisson at 713-583-8938; OR, send electronically (MS Excel) to

Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact in the event of a power outage or electric service problem? For quick response, we recommend you contact your local wires (TDU) company. However, we are available to assist you in any situation. Just call or email your Account Manager direct.

To contact your TDU provider:

Oncor Electric Delivery (Dallas/Ft Worth and surrounding areas) 888-313-4747

Texas/New Mexico Power 888-866-7456

CenterPoint Energy (Houston and surrounding areas) 713-207-2222 or 800-332-7143

Texas New Mexico Power style="float: right;"888-866-7456

Sharyland Utilities 956-668-9551

South Texas - AEP 866-223-8508

West Texas - AEP 866-223-8508

Oncor Electric Delivery 888-313-4747

Texas New Mexico Power 888-866-7456

Who is my GLO contact?
Bryce Bales - Director, State Energy Marketing Program at Texas General Land Office. Phone: 512-463-4033

Who do I contact when I have a question about my bill?
Call the Local or Toll Free number displayed prominently on your invoice or contact your Account Manager direct.

What is a Retail Electric Provider?
Retail Electric Provider (REP) provides you with an energy price, electric bill and customer service.

What is a Transmission and Distribution Service Provider (TDU)?
The Transmission and Distribution Service Provider (TDU) maintains your poles and wires and reads the electrical service meters. The TDU is responsible for maintaining power quality and restoring service after an electrical outage.

What is ERCOT?
Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is the Independent System Operator (ISO) for Texas. ERCOT ensures reliable and cost-effective operation of the electric grid and enables fair and efficient market-driven solutions to meet customers’ electric service.

How do I contact Cavallo Energy Texas?
Email your Account Manager direct at (first initial last name one word); call (877) 404-0841; email Jeff Attkisson at, mail to 4545 Post Oak Place, Suite 342, Houston, TX 77027.

What factors should I consider when shopping for a REP?
When shopping for a Retail Provider, always consider the following information and check the Public Utility Commission website.